FREEDIVING COURSES PERTH
Welcome to a world of new experiences! The Stage A Freediving course is aimed to provide basic knowledge of the different Freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform Freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
This course results in an international certification from Apnea International.
The Stage A Freediving Course covers the different Freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform Freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
COST: $550. (Payment in full secures your place)
This course results in an international certification from Apnea International. Max. depth rating 20m.
This Stage A Freediving Course will cover:
- Freediving categories.
- Safety for Freediving. Rules of behaviour for Freediving.
- The buddy system and the role of the buddy and diver in training.
- Training session planning.
- The difference between a depth session and a spearfishing session.
- Equipment for Freediving. Which mask, snorkel, fins and suit to choose when you go training.
- Physiology for Freediving
- Proper breathing for Freediving. We will discuss the first of 3 stages of proper breathing.
- Relaxation techniques for static training. Relaxation is the most important aspect of static training.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Preventing pressure injuries (barotraumas) whilst Freediving.
- Freedive emergencies.
- Avoiding and reacting to blackout and a surface samba (loss of motor control).
Stage A Freediving Course Pre-requisites:
- Minimum Age: 13 (with parental consent)
- Complete course forms and medical forms before course start date.
- Pool Training: Static apnea session + Dynamic session (4.5hrs)
- Open Water Training: 4 sessions (min. 4hrs). (Depth subject to safety and weather conditions)
- Theory : Multimedia lectures and online education.
Friday: 6pm to 9pm Classroom
Saturday: 8am to 6pm
Sunday: 8am to 5pm
- All students require a Freediving mask, snorkel, long Freediving fins, Freediving open cell wetsuit, weight belt and weights.
- FREE rental equipment is available from Samson Freediving for the duration of the course in until 31st March 2018. Subject to size availability.
Price $550 Includes:
– Pre-Course : Online education modules.
– Course manual. PDF.
– Pool training.
– Open water training.
– Classroom theory.
– Post-course advice from Samson McAdam.
Enquire today about availability.
Freediving courses are available every weekend, during the week, can be scheduled on various dates both during the week and on weekends. Please contact the shop on (08) 9353 2488 for the next course.