An absolute bucket list trip! Hosted by Callum, one of the most experienced technical diving instructors in Western Australia and huge fan of Truk Lagoon.
TRUK LAGOON GROUP DIVE TRIP
3 – 13 September 2021
11 Days Ex Sydney from $3,999 per Diver
Diving Truk Lagoon
Truk is best known for its world-class wreck diving and with over 60 wrecks, from supply vessels (Maru) to planes and a submarine, tightly packed into a coral reef lagoon. It is easy to appreciate why divers travel to this area time and time again. During WWII, the Japanese fleet used Truk as one of their main staging points for attacks on the allied forces but in 1944 the American led “Operation Hailstone” surprised the fleet resulting in the plethora of dive sites which we can see there today.
Many historical artifacts such as medicine bottles and newspapers along with articles of war, which include aircraft wings for the Zero Fighter planes, tanks, guns, gas masks and ammunition, can still be found at many of the sites. Whilst the wrecks themselves are encrusted with corals, you can still clearly see telegraphs, steering columns and mounted guns. There is also the opportunity to explore engine rooms and holds. Surrounded by a coral reef, there are many
excellent coral pinnacles and deep channels with schooling pelagics too!
Truk Lagoon Itinerary
Friday 3rd September:
Arrive in Sydney (accommodation to be self-arranged)
Saturday 4th September:
Fly to Truk via Port Moresby
Sunday 5th – Friday 10th September:
6 days diving (3 dives per day) with Blue Lagoon Dive
Saturday 11th September
Sunday 12th September
Fly back to Sydney via Port Moresby
Monday 13 September
Fly from Sydney to Perth
On a typical day will have up to 3 dives scheduled, you’ll simply Eat, Sleep, Dive & Repeat! Each day will look something like this:
- Light Breakfast followed by a briefing and Dive 1
- Full Breakfast, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 2
- Lunch, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 3
- Snack relaxation period, briefing and Dive 4
If you’d like to skip on dives that is absolutely OK, it is your holiday after all and you can set the pace.
PACKAGE PRICE FROM $3,999 INCLUDES:
- Return airfares ex Sydney to Truk via Port Moresby flying with Air Niugini
- Australian departure taxes and applicable airline taxes (subject to change)
- 2 nights twin share accommodation at The Travelodge Sydney Airport
- Return airport transfers
- 8 nights twin share accommodation at the Blue Lagoon Resort
- Tea, coffee, juices, soft drinks and water
- Up to 18 dives with the use of single tanks, weights and dive guide services.
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance, personal spending money and any excess luggage fees
- Airfares to and from Sydney
- Equipment rental e.g. Twin tanks and manifolds, 15L steel tanks (Limited availability)
- Nitrox, Oxygen and Helium (POA)
- Truk departure tax $30 USD per person
- Truk dive permit $50 USD per person
Booking conditions and requirements:
To secure your place on this trip, please complete an online booking form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit amount of $600.00
Note: Additional payment instalments will be required throughout the duration of the booking, details will be confirmed at the time of booking confirmation.
Package subject to change at any time without notice due to supplier rate changes and USD exchange rates. See other terms and conditions as per the Dive Adventures website www.diveadventures.com.au