An absolute bucket list trip! Hosted by Callum, one of the most experienced technical diving instructors in Western Australia and huge fan of Truk Lagoon.
TRUK LAGOON GROUP DIVE TRIP
30 October – 9 November 2020
11 Days Ex Sydney from $6,569 per Diver
Diving Truk Lagoon
Truk is best known for its world-class wreck diving and with over 60 wrecks, from supply vessels (Maru) to planes and a submarine, tightly packed into a coral reef lagoon. It is easy to appreciate why divers travel to this area time and time again. During WWII, the Japanese fleet used Truk as one of their main staging points for attacks on the allied forces but in 1944 the American led “Operation Hailstone” surprised the fleet resulting in the plethora of dive sites which we can see there today.
Many historical artifacts such as medicine bottles and newspapers along with articles of war, which include aircraft wings for the Zero Fighter planes, tanks, guns, gas masks and ammunition, can still be found at many of the sites. Whilst the wrecks themselves are encrusted with corals, you can still clearly see telegraphs, steering columns and mounted guns. There is also the opportunity to explore engine rooms and holds. Surrounded by a coral reef, there are many
excellent coral pinnacles and deep channels with schooling pelagics too!
Truk Master Liveaboard
Built of steel, the Truk Master is the newest liveaboard yacht to ply the waters of this lagoon, welcoming aboard 16 guests for Truk Lagoon dive safaris. The 4 decks provide ample space for relaxation, dive equipment and camera preparation, whilst the experienced crew ensures you receive only the highest quality service on your diving vacation.
Truk Lagoon Itinerary
On a typical day will have up to 4 dives scheduled, you’ll simply Eat, Sleep, Dive & Repeat! Each day will look something like this:
- Light Breakfast followed by a briefing and Dive 1
- Full Breakfast, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 2
- Lunch, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 3
- Snack relaxation period, briefing and Dive 4
If you’d like to skip on dives that is absolutely OK, it is your holiday after all and you can set the pace.
PACKAGE PRICE FROM $6,569 INCLUDES:
- Return airfares ex Sydney to Truk via Port Moresby flying with Air Niugini
- Australian departure taxes and applicable airline taxes (subject to change)
- 2 nights twin share accommodation at The Travelodge Sydney Airport
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights twin share classic cabin accommodation aboard the Truk Master
- All meals whilst aboard the Truk Master
- Tea, coffee, juices, soft drinks and water
- Up to 22 dives with the use of single tanks, weights and dive guide services.
OPTIONAL CABIN UPGRADES
Upgrade to Premium Cabin : $146.00 pp
Upgrade to Superior Cabin : $430.00 pp
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance, personal spending money and any excess luggage fees
- Airfares to and from Sydney
- Marine park fee of $195 USD – payable on arrival· Equipment rental e.g. Twin tanks and manifolds, 15L steel tanks (Limited availability)
- Nitrox, Oxygen and Helium (POA)
- Truk departure tax $30 USD per person
Booking conditions and requirements:
To secure your place on this trip, please complete an online booking form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit amount of $600.00
Note: Additional payment instalments will be required throughout the duration of the booking, details will be confirmed at the time of booking confirmation.
Package subject to change at any time without notice due to supplier rate changes and USD exchange rates. See other terms and conditions as per the Dive Adventures website www.diveadventures.com.au