The ultimate harness style BCD for all levels of diving from recreational to technical diving. We have been Dive Rite advocates for over 20 years now and rate this products as one of our all time favourites! From its initial design and release in 1995 to today, the TransPac XT has evolved through technology and relentless testing and diving to become one of Dive Rite’s signature products.
Not only do these BCDs look great, they also have many benefits:
- Weight Distribution: The Dive Rite Transpac XT Harness has been designed based on mountaineering backpacks and make carrying a lot of weight on your back easier.
- Versatile System: This package includes the Transpac XT Harness and Rec EXP Wing and is ideal for diving with twin cylinders. If you wanted to use the same set up for single cylinder diving, you could bungee the wing to make it more compact or you might prefer to invest in a smaller wing such as the Dive Rite Travel EXP Wing.
- Upgradeable: The Rec EXP Wing is a single bladder wing and can be upgraded to dual bladder by our Dive Rite service technicians in our Perth workshop.
- Durability: Dive Rite equipment has been designed for demanding cave diving conditions and it’s built tough! The inflation bladder in the wing is seperate and can easily be changed if you have a puncture incident.
- Customisation: Do you wish you could move the position of the D-Rings on your BCD or add more? Or perhaps the integrated weight pockets just don’t sit in the right place. With this system you can easily customise these things!
- Comfort: If you ask us, a soft harness is the way to go! So much more comfortable than a backplate and wing style, the Transpac XT has Lumbar Support Pad, Ergonomic Shoulder Pads and Wrap-Around Hip Pads.
- Trim in the Water: The harness hugs your torso and will move with you through the water with no flopping and lagging as you turn around. The rear inflation will also help keep your trim on point as you swim below the surface.
- Easy of Travel: This harness system packs down small and compact for dive travel. Is it the lightest BCD to travel with? No, it’s not. There is more stainless steel and less plastic on these so they do weigh a little more than you might expect. But the added weight is absolutely worth the comfort while diving at the other end!
TAKE ONE FOR A DIVE
Have you been thinking of going down this path but just not sure if it’s the right style for you? We have a large range of Demo equipment and can easily arrange for you to take one of these for a dive! Get in touch today to book one.
SPECIFICATIONS: TRANSPAC XT HARNESS
- Sizes: Men: M-XXL / Women: XS-MXXL
- 1000 denier ballistic nylon backplate
- Marine grade stainless steel
- 2- and 1-inch D-rings
- Acetyl resin quick release buckles
- 2-inch (50 mm) webbing rated at 7,000 pounds breaking strength
- 2 x 36-inch (5 x 91.4 cm) cam straps
- 1.5-inch (3.8 cm) crotch strap
- XS/SM: 4 lbs 4 oz (1.92 kg)
- MED: 4 lbs 8 oz (2.054 kg)
- LG: 4 lbs 12 oz (2.15 kg)
- XL: 4 lbs 14 oz (2.20 kg)
- XXL: 5 lbs (2.23 kg)
SPECIFICATIONS: REC EXP WING
- Model BC4300 Rec EXP has an outer bag made of 1680 denier ballistic nylon that resists tears and abrasion.
- Inner bladder is constructed from heavy-duty 210 denier nylon laminated bladder which is highly resistant to pinches and punctures
- Urethane flanges are welded in place, which make it easy to switch out corrugated hoses and over pressurization valves without tools.
- Comes equipped with choice of 16-inch rapid exhaust (pull dump), 16-inch or 12-inch elbow along with either 15-inch, 22-inch or 27-inch low pressure inflation hose.
- Two sets of two marine-grade 316 stainless steel grommet mounting holes are used to attach wing to harness and/or to double tanks and set diver trim.
- Approximate dimensions uninflated: 24-in H x 23-in W (60.9cm x 58.4cm)
- 3.12 lbs (1.41kg)
SPECIFICATIONS: WEIGHT SYSTEM
- Holds up to 8 lbs (3.6 kg) in each pocket. Right hand pocket has the Dive Rite logo patch. The left hand pocket is plain, without a logo.
- 1680 denier ballistic nylon fabric is tear and abrasion resistant.
- Two-inch (50.8 mm) nylon webbing loops on the back of the pocket slide over a 2-inch webbing waist strap and secure the pocket into place.
- Acetyl quick buckle is used to easily secure the pocket in the holster.
- Nickel plated brass grommets resist rust and corrosion.
- 9-in high x 3.5-in wide x 1.5-in deep (22.9 cm x 8.9 cm x 3.8 cm)
- 12 oz (340.2 g)
- Made in the U.S.A.