Learn to Scuba Dive in Perth
Get your dive ticket at Dolphin Scuba in as little as two days!
Now is the time to dive into the PADI Open Water Diver course, the most popular dive program in the world!
This is your ticket to a lifetime of intense adventure.
Why PADI Open Water?
As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional to a maximum depth of 18m.
Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification.
You must be older than the age of 14 to begin the PADI Open Water Diver program.
For those of you who are between the ages of 12 and 14, the PADI Jnr Open Water Diver program is available.
What will I do?
Throughout the course, you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You do this by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water (ocean or river) dives.
Dolphin Scuba's learn-to dive program is performance based. You proceed as you demonstrate mastery of the course skills. This allows you to work at a pace that is comfortable for you. If you need more time you get it. Usually the Open Water course takes place over just 2 days or one weekend. We also offer flexible schedules for groups of 3 or more.
What does the course include?
2 Day PADI Open Water Course price of $525 includes:
- Individualised training with no more than 3 students per instructor in the water at all times
- Your own course pack with PADI Open Water Diver Manual, Open Water DVDs, Diver's Log Book, How to Use and Choose Computers Manual, refer a friend reward card, PADI stickers, and carry pouch.
- Use of all scuba equipment necessary for the course
- Transport of your gear to and from the shop for the two days
- Pool fees and PADI Certification Fees.
- $50 voucher towards your own mask, snorkel and fin package
- Optional use of an ELECTRONIC SHARK DEFENCE SYSTEM (ESDS) for your ocean dives FREE OF CHARGE
The Deluxe course price of $675 includes:
- All of the above 2 Day Open Water Course plus an additional day on the boat at Rottnest Island on a date that suits you!
What do I need to provide?
You will need to bring your completed knowledge reviews along with you on your first day. You'll also need your bathing suit and towel, some light snacks and water, along with mask, snorkel, boots and fins.
New! Add PADI E-Learning for only $50.00 if you'd prefer to use the e-learning option.
Do I need a Diving Medical?
For Recreational Dive Medicals, you are no longer required to have an examination unless you answer yes to any of the questions on the PADI Diving Medical Screening Form. It pays to have a good read through and if you do need to see a doctor, just give us a call and we can send you a list of contact details for doctors.
Where can I go from here?
Continue the adventure with the PADI Advanced Open Water course, your next step in exploring the underwater world. Just ask us for more information.
How do I get started?
The Open Water Course is scheduled for every Saturday/Sunday, Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday and we only need 2 people booked on the same days for the course to run. To get started you'll need the theory manuals or E-Learning, you can arrange this with us over the phone of by coming in to the shop. Check our Calendar for our next course and you can learn to dive in two days...