PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster!
Working closely with a very experienced team of Dolphin Scuba instructors, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. Dolphin Scuba Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What can PADI Divemasters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 40 logged dives
- 18 years old
- Master Scuba Diver Certification is highly encouraged, although not required
What will I do?
Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities Internships with our talented and experienced instructors
How long will it take?
On average the Dolphin Scuba Divemaster program is approximately six weeks but the course is flexible and we can organise dates to suit your schedule.
What course materials are required?
- PADI Divemaster Manual Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) all three versions (Table, Wheel and eRDP including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for the programs that may be conducted by PADI Divemasters
- Discover Scuba Diving Discover Snorkeling/Skin Diver Course Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving
- The PADI Divemaster video must also be viewed.
Where can i go from here?
The PADI Divemaster course is your gateway to continuing your education and becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor which will qualify you to teach Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster courses.